From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Dasylab Crashes

Apologies for reposting, but I missed the Message Subject Last Time.......

Looking for suggestions to solve frequent Dasylab V9.00.02 crashes. 

I've been trying to solve this for over a year without success (after much communication with Iotech and Dasylab support) and I'm close to throwing the system away and looking elsewhere. The programme randomly crashes (throws up the error screen and closes) beginning at up to a few hours and shortening to a few seconds, until I make some change, for example, Saving As a new file, deleting and remaking a few connections, changing then returning sampling rate, etc. I don't have to keep any setup changes, just make them, which I believe forces the programme to recompile and allows it to run for a while - but only a while. I typically need to write data in 5 minute blocks, so I can generally work around the problem, but it's driving me to distraction and wasting a huge amount of time and money.

I'm running XP Pro and have the following hardware:

Daqbook 2000 with DBK90, DBK15 and DBK80.

Daqcard 2000 with DBK80 and DBK83.

I'm also acquiring from 5 X RS232 devices and 1 X Modbus device, which require Adapt modules to sync data flow.

All the analogue channels (about 50 in total) acquire at 10Hz, all the digitals acquire at 1Hz and everything is written to a single file at 1HZ via a bunch of Merge modules.

I never see anything approaching an overrun by looking at the animation, normally everything works OK and I don't have to be writing to file for the crashes to occur. I'm sure more information will be required and I'll be overjoyed to supply it to anyone that may have suggestions.

Many thanks,

Peter 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,794 Views)