From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Selection - DASYLab 10

hi there,

my lab is currently switching computer's and in doing so have switched our DAQ program from DASYLab 7.0 to DASYLab 10.0.  Our worksheet's are unable to transfer to the new program, as the program states that DEMO driver only generates waveforms.  So obviously, needed to install the new driver which I have tried multiple times, but each time I try to select the new driver, it does not appear.  I have installed NI-DAQmx 8.8 which I believe to be the correct one for usage according to the Help section in DASYLab, however, this will still not appear in the driver list in DASYLab.  Essentially, I just need the program to recognize the driver and all my problems should be cleared up.

When I open the Measurement and Automation Explorer program to try to configure everything, the NI-DAQmx 8.8 software shows up, and the program says right-click to launch, however nothing happens when I right click (Not sure if this is associated with the problem or not).

We're using a NI PCI-6251 with a BNC-2110 Connector Block, if this has any relevance.  If you have any suggestions or can help in any way, would be much appreciated as I've been banging my head at this for quite a while.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,529 Views)

You are moving from DASYLab 7, which means that you were using the NI-DAQ driver, now called the Traditional NI-DAQ driver.

DASYLab 10 defaults to the NI-DAQmx driver.

You need to do the following:

- ensure that you have installed the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers - when you open MAX, you'll see Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices under Devices and Interfaces.

Ensure that your PCI-6251 is configured and working.

Re-run the DASYLab installer. Choose MODIFY... advance until you get to the driver screen. Select the NI-DAQ driver from the list - unselect NI-DAQmx.

You should now be able to run existing worksheets. 

NOTE -- the NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx drivers are not using the DASYLab driver interface. You can leave that at DEMO. You will find custom modules for NI-DAQ or NI-DAQmx in the Input/Output group.

If you were using an NI driver in the traditional driver interface, you need to remove all hardware icons from your worksheet in V7, before opening with V10, and then insert NI-DAQ or NI-DAQmx modules.

Confused? Have you called your reseller? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 4
(7,521 Views)

hi CJ,

thanks for the quick response, we reinstalled the A/D card (M-series), and reinstalled DASYLab 10.0, however when we try to load the driver, it still appears at (NONE) in driver selection.  Any thoughts on how to remedy this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,506 Views)

It will be NONE. As I said, the NI driver is not using the DASYLab driver interface. When you open the Measurement menu, under Hardware Setup and Measurement Setup, you should see NI-DAQ or NI-DAQmx as choices. The hardware modules are in the Input/Output module group, also under NI-DAQ or NI-DAQmx.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,503 Views)