Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different sampled signals in same Display

Dear All,

Card: 1608FS Plus

Dasylab 13 with the last MCC driver

Config:

- 8 AI @ 30 kHz sampling

- 2 DI @ 100 Hz sampling, TTL signal, cca 2 sec period (trigger signal)

Question:

How possible to display (process) the AI and the DI in sam display (Y/t) module?

(Resample to the higher sample rate signal.)

Problem - different time base

(I must note that, it is possible to save all signal with only one Write File module, so I can share a samle file for test. So, the following examples contains file read modules instead of 1680FS+ input module.)

Method 1 - Signal adaptation / direct connecting

In case of wired the AI and the DI signals directly to the same Y/t module, there is received a message - of course:

Szövegközi kép 1

I have tried to apply the Signal adaptation module with (Full) Linear interpolation...
Szövegközi kép 4

... but it is not working.
Szövegközi kép 3

I have checked all of setting of the Signal adaptation module (Method) such as the Read File (Real time output), but it has no effect.

Additionally I tried to set the Measurement setting, but it has no effect also.
Szövegközi kép 5

Method 2 - Signal adaptation with signal re-generation

To reach the fundamental request ( see the signal in same window) I have tried out different methods.
a, Generate a continous constant (or high freq sqr. signal) signal from a generator.
b, Control the signal output via Formula with an Action / Variable set.

In the following example it is used the action module to set (contolled by TTL high/low level) the generator amplitude (to 5 / 0 V, like AM), but  don't really work. It is set the Genarator amplitude to the 5 V and do not set to the 0 V (when the TTL is low; the action setting is correct).
Szövegközi kép 12

In case of used a switch (instead of digital input signal) to control the generator it is working well - but not solve the problem; keep the trigger signal and arrange it for the AI signal.
Szövegközi kép 13

Unfortunately the Variable controlled modulation (via a formula) is to slow, because of the block based variable set. (Now I check it again with the Data Window manipulation - but I'm afraid of it is not an ideal solution).

I would be grateful for any idea.

Thank you.

BS

See the example worksheets.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,476 Views)

Unfortunately, none of the image files display. 

Can you attach them, rather than imbed them? 

However, I may have an answer. I just tested it, and it could resolve your issue. 

The Signal Adaptation module, in full linear interpolation will actually distort a digital signal, which should only be 0 or 5 (TTL Low, TTL High) by interpolating between the values, and drawing a line. 

The Latch module has a mode that just upsamples without interpolation. Try that. 

Use the Latch: Synchronize with Control Input module to synchronize data channels with a control input. While the module outputs the measurement values of the data channels unchanged, the module transfers the data type, the block size, and the sampling rate of the control channel onto the data channels.

Thanks,

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,471 Views)