DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab worksheet compatibility with previous versions

I have a design developed in Dasylab 13 trial version. How can I open the worksheet ( .dsb file ) in Dasylab version 12 or previous ? Its unable to load the worksheet.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,796 Views)

Hi,

you need to use the "Save as..." option to save the worksheet in ASCII format: "worksheet_name.dsa".

A file with DMX suffix will be generated, too -- both files need to reside in the same location, if DASYLab should load a DSA worksheet file.

Once the DSA worksheet was loaded, "Save as..." again, this time in DSB format.

Module features new in DASYLab 13 are unknown to DASYLab 12! So, using the Resample module, for example, in DASYLab 13, will render the worksheet unusable in DASYLab 12 because DASYLab 12 does not know the Resample module.

DSB worksheets are upward compatible: create worksheet with DASYLab version X, load in DASYLab X+n.

DSB worksheets are not downward compatible, you need to go the long way via "DSA format saving".

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,787 Views)

The evaluation version has only a few limitations. One is that you cannot do as you wish... you cannot save the worksheet in the *.DSA format to share with earlier versions. That feature is restricted and available only in a fully licensed version.

It is generally not a safe thing to do - newer versions typically have more features than older versions, or changed features. The older version cannot know about them, and cannot adapt. We do a lot of work with each release to ensure that the product is forward compatible, so you can load older worksheets into a newer release and it will adapt. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 4
(5,782 Views)
Thanks all for your replies. Unfortunately, I don't have version 13 license, so I couldn't try the solution. But I believe, the solution works.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,696 Views)