From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab v12 - E-Mail Module

Hi,

In the scope of a continous and long term measurement, I would like to use Dasylab E-Mail module to send regularly an email (once a week) by SMTP method with the current status of my mesurements... I have already found some old  discussions about E-Mail module and I didn't have my answer. I think it's not possible with Gmail and my test doesn't work (e-mail serveur smtp.gmail.com / e-mail port 567, error message: the e-mail coulnd not be sent. The actual sending has caused an error). Which email server can I use ? Is there a possibility to get a status to push directly in the e-mail content ?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,028 Views)

Using SMTP requires that the sending PC is member of a company network.

Then the "SMTP server" option in DASYLab is the IP address in the local network, e.g. 192.168.1.10 (I am not sure, if an alias like \\Betelgeuse-Mail will work).

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,010 Views)