DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab opens all program modules on screen when it starts

Hi

I'm an user of DASYLAB 13 on a windows 10 platform. However, each time I load a worksheet, all program modules appear on the screen and then they close. In these worksheets I have 10 layouts with 10 individual background images (PNG). I wonder if this is due to lack of memory or low CPU speed.

Is there a way to avoid this, to prevent the modules to show on the screen every time we load the worksheet?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,594 Views)

I cannot visualize what you describe. What do you mean by modules? The dialog boxes? The display windows? The layout windows? The worksheet view?

Lots of factors to consider:

1. DASYLab is not supported on Windows 10 according to the product pre-requisites. You may be experiencing problems specific to Windows 10. If that is the case, then there is no resolution for DASYLab 13.0

2. You mention lack of memory or CPU speed without including any specifics. Graphics card and the hard drive also are a factor in system performance.

If there is any way that you can provide a short video of the worksheet load behavior, in addition to computer specific information, it will help to make a diagnosis.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,589 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the information. In attachment you find an image of the worksheet loading event and the specs of the PC. In this case (and in other ocasions) Dasylab as crashed due to a problem with a .DLL file (the ntdll.dll to be more specific). This same problem happens in other machines as well with Windows 10. Probably I have to run it on a different OS.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,573 Views)

Loading the minimized display windows is how DASYLab works.

It's possible that the CPU and graphics speed conspire to keep that from being very quick.

When you load the worksheet, each display module must be created before it can be hidden.

The crash is of some concern. What drivers do you have loaded? There is a known Measurement Computing driver crash that has a fix.

When does it crash - can you tell what DLL is being loaded? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,565 Views)