From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab modbus tcp/ip DI problem

Why is Dasylab using the 0xxxx register instead of the 1xxxx register for modbus tcp/ip digital inputs

Tested on version 13

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,896 Views)

I need more information to be able to assist.

What device are you talking to? 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,894 Views)

Digging into it... DASYLab is reading and writing the coil registers.

As for why... the developer is on holiday until January, and I cannot check with him until then.... I'm very sorry about the long delay before we can get a response. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,889 Views)

The Help says:

• The DASYLab modules support the following functions:Show functions

Function CodeFunctionModule
    0x01 Read Multiple Coils Digital Input
    0x03 Read Holding Register 40000 Analog Input
    0x04 Read Input Register 30000 Analog Input
    0x10 Write Multiple Register Analog Output
    0x0F Write Multiple Coils Digital Output
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,888 Views)

We have a number of modules made by ICPDAS.com which we communicate with via modbus tcp.

We have a number of modules plugged into their 8000 series backplanes (freqency counters, analog I/O, thermocouple modules etc) all of which work fine with Dasylab.

Recently, we bought a digital I/O module - http://www.icpdas.com/products/Remote_IO/i-8ke/i-8063w.htm and it simply wouldn't work with Dasylab via modbus tcp.

I have been in contact with ICP who have confirmed that Dasylab seems to have implemented modbus tcp incorrectly.

Dasylab's modbus digital input module seems to be using the incorrect register (0xxxx) 

My understanding is that digital inputs should use the 1xxxx register and digital outputs use the 0xxxx register. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,886 Views)

I posted at the same time you were posting.

So, is am I correct in thinking that Dasylab is handling digital inputs incorrectly (via modbus)? Seems like someone else would've noticed it before me.

I'm happy to wait for a solution. I just wanted to check whether it was something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,885 Views)

I had some problem talking to a ModBus before due to not 100% compatible with DASYLab.

We solved the problem by using a simple OPC server from Automated Solution that is also very cost effective

http://www.automatedsolutions.com/products/opcmodbustcp.asp

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
Message 7 of 8
(6,881 Views)

Please pay attention to the fact, that DASYLab is not able to read/write single coils. You have to make sure to read/write a complete byte (=eight bits/coils), even if you just want to read/write one bit of that byte.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,877 Views)