DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab Y/T module Cursor display problem

Dasylab recorder module cursor display problem. On my layout I have a recorder chart with two time cursors. When I try to position the cursors I get a ghosting effect resulting in multiple vertical cursor lines all over my chart. They disappear when I deselect survey. Any Ideas? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,517 Views)

I honestly cannot comment on this without knowing the following:

Version of DASYLab

Operating system

DIsplay size and resolution; type of graphics adapter

Memory installed in the computer

Size of the worksheet (approximate number of modules)

Is the layout in full screen mode?

It sounds like a problem we used to see on older computers with an older version of the software.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,515 Views)

thanks for the reply, Yes I am using full screen mode. I have attached a copy of the worksheet and a document with a snapshot of the problem and the details of the platform.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,460 Views)

What DAQ hardware are you using? What sample rate? What block size?

I replaced the analog input with a generator, and had no problem with the cursors. 

We have seen problems like this in the past, but, not in v9. That's one reason that I need the additional information.

It's a moderately complex processing effort to keep the screen up to date with multiple displays and multiple cursors.

We need to figure out what aspect of your system is different from our test systems.

If it's convenient, you may want to call in to talk to an Applications Engineer at 508-946-5100 x 2

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,449 Views)
the odd thing is it is mostly on the upper window I get the problem but this is recording the signal on which i trigger my data. Find attached timing data.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,439 Views)

Several things...

I reviewed your system, and you probably don't have enough memory. We specify 512MB, and you have 128MB. We would prefer to see more. I usually advise that you spend money on memory and not CPU when configuing a new system. While you wait for more memory, clean up your harddrive and defragment it, to get the best disk performance. 

Second, you're running the USB-1608FS in Single I/O mode. You probably did that to avoid the block size error, but, it's not a good thing. You're samping 1000 samples/second, and single I/O is really for slower acquisitions. You should reconfigure the MCC-DAQ block size to a multiple of 31. Try 992, if you want to keep your block size close to the sample rate.

The driver rate is 25kHz, which seems a bit fast, since it's only being used to control the switches. Try reducing that to 1000 samples/second, with automatic block size.

Beyond this, you problably need to contact Measurement Computing or your reseller directly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,431 Views)

I have done as you suggested in your previous message but no change was evident. I have tracked back through my earlier versions and found one that does not seem to exhibit the problem. But I can't see any significant changes I have made. I have attached the working sheet with OK in its name and one of my latest sheets with 747 in the filename. Can you see the difference?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,333 Views)