DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab 13 report generation

Hello all,

I am using Dasylab V-13 for control and data acquisition of an automotive end of line component test fixture. 

The data write block saves ASCII files and increments files as we test batches of parts. The files are save at 2hz and total file size is approx 32kb.

Obviously, we can review and plot the excel files, but that involves man power.

Since this will be in a plant environment, the request is that a test report is generated per part, with pass/fail at a push of a button (simple?)

We are recording approx 10 parameters. I believe I need to use the ODBC export function, then perform some magic?

Has anyone out there experienced this fun? If so, would you like to share the set-up? Do I need to use Python?

Thanks,

D-lab (Terry)

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,550 Views)

HI Terry,

I think that all you need is the Action module and a layout configured for printing. 

You can also use ODBC to export the parameters to a database (or Excel). 

If you want, I'll set up an example. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,545 Views)

What we learn to do with our customers is two options:

1. We create a Layout to be used as protcol and we either print it or save it as JPG
  2. MOre and more, we save a file in CSV format and then we create a macro in excel to lo0ad the file and fill and existing form.
    This mnethod is used more and more because the engineers love Excel
Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,541 Views)