DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dasylab 13 and NAPOPC_ST DA Server

Hi

I stand here with a system that has run well in a long series of years.

The original systen was Windows XP and Dasylab ver. 8.0.
Computer hardware went dead a month ago and I'm about to rebuild the system. Now with Win 7 and Dasylab 13.
The data acquisition consists of Addi-data pci card and about 15 pcs icp-das 7000 series modules.
I have now come so far with the reconstruction of the system, that I only have one problem left:
The OPC server will not communicate with Dasylab. Are there some who have tried NAPOPC_ST DA Server with Dasylab 13?

Regards

Benny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,529 Views)

Were you able to browse to the OPC server in the module properties? 

If so, there shouldn't be a problem. The server has to be running, and if it's on a different computer, the permissions need to be configured correctly. That would be on the side of the OPC server. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,524 Views)
Hi

Yes I can see the server and the modules.

I will ad a screendump tomorrow.

Regards

Benny
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,518 Views)

Hi

I hereby send the promised screen dumps.
Hope that thus can clarify something about the problem.

Benny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,504 Views)

Hello Benny,

It looks like it should work... can you screen shot the parameters in the OPC DA server box?

Also, is the OPC server configured to start at the PC start? 

You may need to go back to the ICP-DAS support to see if they can replicate the error. I don't have their OPC server available to test with... 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,482 Views)

Hi

Here is all I can find

Benny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,453 Views)

If you have several OPC modules in the worksheet that connect to the same OPC server: make sure that the modules' Group names are NOT identical. You can find that option in the Item selection dialog that opens when you have selected a server.

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,448 Views)
Hi

I have only one OPC server, but the server shown as a type 1 and a type 2

Benny
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,438 Views)

What happens, if you use a Data Socket module instead of an OPC module?

DS modules can operate in "OPC mode", too ("DSTP" >>> "OPC").

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,421 Views)