DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DasyLab to block channels

Need a way to have all of the analog inputs read but allow the user to select which channels to save.
Also need the user to be able to change the channel name from the Layout.
I think this could be done using the globals but I'm not sure which control to use to allow the user to type words for the channel name?

Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,177 Views)
Dave,

There are a couple of ways to control which inputs you save.

Some will work better than others.

First... note that saving to any format except the DASYLab *.DDF format requires that all channels have data and are time synchronized.

So, I would stare at that fact, and decide that each channel will get its own file.

Then, I would use Action controlled Relays to block the data, and use a Switch/Action combination to control the relay for each channel.

Each channel will be processed independently, and be stored into its own file. Once the data is released from its relay, you can do other things with it, and you can also use the switch/action that controls the relay to change the filename, or cause the mutli-file to switch to the next number.

Version 10 adds a nice feature to this, in that you can use one relay, and control each channel independently, instead of creating a relay for each channel.

Black boxes are an excellent way to manage the complexity of this worksheet -- keep the logic for each channel in a black box with just the logic for that channel.

To change the channel name from the layout...

First way: use a switch/action combination to prompt the user for the global string
Second way: use the table/grid object, and configure the cell to be variable and enter the placeholder for the string as the parameter.

And, to prove to myself that I'm right... see the attached example The channel name seems to update about a beat or two after changing it.
Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,176 Views)