From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDE Write Delay Timer

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to dasylab and have come across something that has stumped me.  I need to set a Response Time slider and a Run Length slider then press a Run button.  After the run button is pushed, the system waits for (Response Time) seconds and writes data via DDE to an excel spreadsheet for (Run Length) seconds.  I'm writing the Run Length slider data to a ${RUNLENGTH} variable and the Response Time slider to a ${RESPONSETIME} variable.  I can get the DDE to write on demand using a push button and a relay, but can't seem to get the delay to work.

EDIT>

Additional info:  I've set up a simple worksheet that uses Time Delay modules and it works fine, but when I use Time Delays in my real world project, I get the following error:

"The time information or block length of the input channels do not match.  These channels cannot be linked in this module.  STOP!"  

I don't get this error if I use a fixed value in the duration slot rather than the ${RESPONSETIME} variable.

I've resolved this up to this point by choosing "Input" in the synchronization options of the Slider or Read Variable modules.  I don't see how to do this for the Time Delay module.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,430 Views)

Hello,

Are you using any NI hardware with your DASYLab application?  Unfortunately, our applications engineers here at National Instruments do not support the DASYLab environment but if you have any questions pertaining to NI DAQ hardware or how it interfaces with DASYLab, National Instruments would be able to help you.  

Otherwise, you can refer to the following link for technical support with DASYLab.

DASYLab:

http://www.dasylab.com/content/mydasylab.php?action=start

Thanks,

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,414 Views)

This is also a good DASYLAb forum,

When you use the delay function, the firs X amount of time will be nothing, that is why you get the error.

You could use a compy trigger with the delay post trigger in seconds, this could do the same task.

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author danpool

I like statemachines, but that might be to much for the questioned purpose... 😉

(see attached picture and the zipped DASYLab 12 worksheet)

M.Sc. Holger Wons | measX GmbH&Co. KG, Mönchengladbach, Germany | DASYLab, DIAdem, LabView --- Support, Projects, Training | Platinum NI Alliance Partner | www.measx.com
Download All
Message 4 of 5
(6,377 Views)

Thanks for posting the example file.  This helped greatly and gave me some insight into a different approach to programming in DASYLab.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,269 Views)