From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASYlab Crashing with Worksheet Start after RS-232 Change

Solved!
Go to solution

After changing one of my RS-232 output modules to the right COM port (i'm using two) dasylab instantly crashes. I'm using one serial port to control a stepper motor and the other to query a force gauge. I can't for the life figure out why its crashing, or that there is any reason for it to crash. I'm using to ttl generators to trigger actions which then pass my serial terminal commands (stored in global strings) to my serial peripherals. My ttl generators are runner fairly reasonable cycles, so I don't think its a memory dump. HELP!

thanks. -Kyle 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,826 Views)

You don't include enough information about your setup. What version, what operating system, etc.? What do you mean by crash? What are the symptoms? What messages, if any, do you receive? What else is on your worksheet? Are you using any other hardware?

Have you contacted your reseller?

This type of problem solving is often very interactive, and I would recommend that you call your reseller for direct support.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 7
(7,815 Views)
Unfortunately our reseller is no longer available. Version: 10.00.01 Full. OS: Win XP w/ service pack three.  CPU: AMD Athlon mobile. RAM: 719mb. The only hardware I'm using is a serial-USB adapter which has worked in DASYlab before. Are there better ways to trigger serial actions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CardiaKyle

Please call Measurement Computing at 508-946-5100, x2, and request support.

Please be prepared with your serial number, version, information about your computer, and your worksheet.

If you want to try the DASYLab service pack first, please download it from ftp.mccdaq.com/downloads/DASYLab/DASYLab_10.0_Service_Pack_2. It's not a full installer, but a zip file with replacement files. Information about fixed problems is listed in the Readme in the folder, but, even if your problem isn't listed, it's worth trying it.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 4 of 7
(7,808 Views)
And what I mean by crashing is that upon trying to run the worksheet. The DASYlab window freezes and I receive a "DASYlab has encountered a problem and needs to close windows dialog box.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,808 Views)
Kyle,

Did you try to replace the USB-RS232 adapter? Or to connect it in a different USB port?

Tom
Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,805 Views)
The service pack seemingly fixed it. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,801 Views)