DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASYLab data output stopping after 10 points

Solved!
Go to solution

Let me preface everything by saying I'm a novice at this. Now that that's out of the way...

I am having an issue getting more than 10 data points to record into an output file. I'm sure it's some setting conflict but I'm having no luck figuring it out.

I've got two tasks in Measurement & Automation Explorer: the first recording 4 strain gage signals, the second recording 2 temperature signals. The strain gage signals are coming into a NI 9237 and the thermocouples are coming into a NI 9211; both seated in a NI cDAQ-9188.

In DASYLab (v13) I have the setup shown in the attached image:

Setup.PNG

When I click Play everything seems to run fine (i.e., no error messages), but when I stop and open up the generated ASC file there are only 10 data points, one point every 0.1 second for 1 second.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the settings that control data collection, either in DASYLab or in M&AE? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,960 Views)

WHat is the sample rate

What is the avere module setting?

How do you trigger the relay?

Could you post the file?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Landin

Thanks for responding so quickly! 

As I was typing up a response I noticed something in the Timing Settings in the M&AE tasks. The Acquistion Mode was set to 'N Samples'. I changed the mode to 'continuous samples' and it is now recording as I was expecting. I'm still not sure what was defining the "N" as 10, because the Samples to Read was set to 10k, but since it now seems to be working I'll leave that to another day. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,953 Views)