DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASYLab 11 and Win 8.1 Pro

Hi, i am going to get a new laptop with Win 8.1 pro, currently i am using DASYLab 11, I believe DASYLab 11 works iwth Win 8.1, but i want to ask if anyone has some experience with it, do i need to upgrade some drive or do something? i just want to prepare as early as possible as i am going to use this for a series testing which is coming very soon.

Thanks for the help.

regards,

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,557 Views)

You will need to update to DASYLab 13. There were changes made specifically to support Windows 8. The NI drivers were revised to add new hardware support.

Your hardware will need the Windows 8.1 drivers. 

Both DASYLab and the NI drivers recommend that you disable the fast boot feature and force the PC to fully boot each time.

I don't recommend the previous generations of the Surface Pro, but I have no experience with the latest Surface Pro. I use Windows 8.1 on a workstation class computer. I have worked with various customers using Windows 8 and 8.1 successfully. I like the 8.1 release because you can get it to boot directly to the desktop rather than to the new start screens.

DASYLab will support a touch screen as a mouse (tap, double-tap, tap-slide) but will not support "gestures" that were introduced with Windows 8. We still recommend a mouse or mouse-like device.. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,555 Views)

thanks CJ for fast response. so, just confirm I need DASYLab 13, DASYLab 11 just won't work on Win 8.1 environment at all? currently i have DASYLab 11 full version, if i want to upgrade to DASYLab 13 Pro, roughly how much is the cost (i undestand i need to talk to sales to get exact number), After i purchanse, do i need to get CD to install or i can jsut download from website or ftp?

can i contiune to work on work sheet under Dasylab 11 (and Win 7) and i believe after installation of 13, it can take it and save to 13 version, am i correct?

regards,

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,550 Views)

Will V11 run in the Windows 8 environment? It probably does, but the drivers are likely to encounter problems due to the underlying changes to the Win8 drivers. There are other issues, that were resolved by V13, but I don't have a list. 

To purchase, you need to contact your reseller, Techmatron. They will have pricing, etc. 

You are looking for two products:

DASYLab UPD FULL to update to V13

DASYLab UPGRF2P to update to Pro

The update is a complete package with the new serial number. It take 1-3 days to process, and you can request that the serial number be emailed. 

You can open the V11 worksheet with V13, but once it's saved by V13, you will not be able to open the changed worksheet with V11 (upward compatibility).

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,548 Views)

I am just trying to connect NI daq and MCC daq to my new laptop (win 8.1) to see if i still have the "save" worksheet problem. But when i plugged USB from my MCC daq (I have USB-1616HS and expansion AI-48), it seems not working, the power and acitve lights wers staying off. Do i need to download perticular software for 1616HS? i already have i beleive MCCDAQ CD 6.3.4 installed.

regards,

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,325 Views)

On this question you must contact Measurement Computing. It is not a DASYLab question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,286 Views)