DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DASYLAB/USB 2416 error, freezes

Hello everyone, 

I'm running into an issue where the USB 2416 DAQ is freezing up, stuck in a state while it is outputting signals. I have worksheet where Dasylab is outputting two digital signal to turn on a physical relay, which in turn activates two solonoids. I'm using the TTL pulse module with a delay in order to cycle and alternate between the two solonoids. The trouble is, that the DAQ seemed to freeze up after five cycles. DASYlab is still working but DAQ is stuck on one of the cycles. I was able to get it working by changing the synchronization on TTL pulse module to DASYlab, which is set to 10 Hz  (same as the output of the US 2416). 

However, after closing DASYlab and restarting the worksheet, the DAQ gets stuck on 15 cycles. Any ideas on what is causing the issue? Is it timing/synchronization?

Thanks,

Rey 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,688 Views)

Here is the relevent portion of my worksheet that I'm using. This is DASYlab 11 and I'm running on Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,687 Views)

Rey,

This is very hardware specific. I am going to suspect that your timing is too fast for the device, and that the data is blocking.

Please call Measurement Computing or contact them through their web page at www.mccdaq.com.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 4
(5,678 Views)

Thanks CJ,

I was able to get it working again by changing the timing in the TTL module. It looks like you are correct, that it was too fast for DAQ.

Thanks again,

Rey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,671 Views)