From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrushFTP server with DASYLab

Hello,

I have a program that generates a file when data aquisition is done. I need to ftp that file to CrushFTP server. Which module should I use, etc.

Thank you,

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,284 Views)

Hi Richard,

In prior testing, I cannot copy a file directly to a FTP://ftp.whatever.com server.

It looks like the crush server offers a drive mapping, like dropbox and one drive have, so that you can save a file to a local folder, and it will replicate out to the server. 

(Enterprise licenses only.)
It lets you connect to the CrushFTP server as a normal server drive on your machine. So on OS X this will be a network drive on your desktop, and for Windows this will be a M: drive, or other letter of your choosing. From there on, it acts like a network volume.

I usually recommend ensuring that you have a local copy, and then copy the local copy to the server drive. In the case of a network drive, this eliminates errors associated with network glitches. I have an Action module setup that I can share if you're interested. It can be set up to issue a Windows copy command periodically, even if the file is in use. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,267 Views)