DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating 3 Bitmap Readout with one Super Quick transient State

Hi All!

Been working on this with CJ, but she's on Vacation and thought you might have some great ideas!

I'm using USB1608FS and have two analog channels. (The screen cap from a typical cycle is shown below as is the worksheet.)  Each channel represents an Infrared light that gets broken by two pieces, left and right, that move in relation to each other.  The left has to move .0026 seconds before the right.  If it's less than that, the product is bad.  Longer than that, it's good.

The problem is that if two goods, or two bads occur in a row, the final status light wouldn't change so the operator could misinterpret ("Did it actuate or not?") So, what I was trying to accomplish was something that would show three statuses: Good, Bad, and 'Waiting for the Next Product to be Tested'. I was thinking I would do this by adding various statuses together.  But, I've created somewhat of a mess and I think I should start over.  As you can see, there is noise in the actuation circuit.  What's in the fuschia is what is 'disregarded' while the yellow mark denotes the actual time we're measuring.  So, the bitmap should be green or red, showing good or bad, and everything else (fuschia) should be a "standby" or "waiting" color.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Mike

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,281 Views)

Hi plish,

Another good resource for DASYlab support: (http://www.dasylab.com/content/mydasylab.php?action=start)

Just FYI. Our engineers at NI main branch provide support for DASYlab if you are using our hardware.

Best of luck on your issue!

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,268 Views)

Thanks for the Site!  Have just registered. Apologies for the post. I thought the 1608 was a National Instruments product.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,265 Views)

Does the sample always have a minimum duration?  Like at list so many mS?

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,257 Views)

Yes, we will always want the sample to be at least .0026 seconds long to pass.  Sometimes it is much longer - as much as a second.  However,  Less than .0026  and it fails.  The challenge has been that the system has multiple drops/rises.  It's only the one denoted by yellow that needs to be actually measured. 

Thx!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,255 Views)

Eventhough the pulse is half way, is that good or is only the higher part good?

@plish wrote:

Yes, we will always want the sample to be at least .0026 seconds long to pass.  Sometimes it is much longer - as much as a second.  However,  Less than .0026  and it fails.  The challenge has been that the system has multiple drops/rises.  It's only the one denoted by yellow that needs to be actually measured. 

Thx!

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,252 Views)

The 'halfway pulse' is noise caused by loading the product into the sensor configuration.  Only the one that goes all the way up to zero-ish, the second one, is the one we care about.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,249 Views)

Hi plish,

Yes, it is confusing because Measurement Computing is a wholly owned subsidary of NI. However, they still operate in many ways like a separate entity, including the support engineering organization.

Best of luck!

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,232 Views)

Roel,

The page you referred me to, refers Dasylab users back to this page.

Just sayin'

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,228 Views)

plish,

Thanks for that feedback, I will make a note of this internal miscommunication. I apologize that our support is fairly limited for this product. Best of luck on your issue. 

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,205 Views)