DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Sound Card Out from 1st PC and being Read by 2nd PC

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got audio routed via Line Out and Line In respectively on PC #1 and PC #2. I hear the audio out of the receiving PC's headphones. When I run the worksheet on PC #2 (Audio Receiver PC) that worksheet displays the error "The specified input is already in use....". This error appears regardless of whether I'm running the PC #1's worksheet that is generating the audio, or stop it. There is no audio-related task running on the PC receiving the audio, so I don't know what or why DASYLab thinks the input is in use.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,004 Views)

Howdy William!

Is it possible that your DASYLab program is trying to allocate the Line In resource more than once?  Also, can you verify that the sound card's line-in drivers are functioning properly by testing it with another program such as the Windows Sound Recorder?  It seems like there is something going on in your system that is holding onto the Line In resource.

I am more familiar with the National Instruments hardware side of things than the software.  You might try contacting DASYTEC's online technical support here for more information about what might be causing the problem.

Regards,

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,979 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Williamx
Thanks Barron. It turned out to be a settings issue for scaling for the analog input correctly.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,975 Views)