From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTR08 and DasyLab

I've got a CTR08 counter and I'm using DasyLab software.  Is there any way to expose the counter functionality (like Debounce Filter) of the CTR08 within DasyLab?  The issue is that the CTR08 is reading extra pulses from my encoder.  All of the wire is shielded and ground correctly.  I called MC but they had no helpful advice.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,302 Views)

Measurement Computing is responsible for the driver. The driver is proprietary, and cannot expose ways to modify it. 

You certainly can ask that specific features be implemented in the driver, knowing that it may take some time, if ever, to be included. 

You could write your own driver using the Extension toolkit (C language based), or for slower operations, the Script module. Unfortunately, if you do that, you won't be able to use MCC-DRV at the same time because the MCC Universal Library is single-threaded, and does not work with two processes accessing it at the same time. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,282 Views)