DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent n5765a control through Dasylab problem

Hello NI community:

I am attempting to set up Dasylab to control an Agilent N5765A power supply through USB. I am able to control the power supply using the SCPI commands through the agilent connection expert interactive I/O, NI VISA interactive control, and VISA assistant utility. There does not happen to be a VISA or USB driver option in Dasylab to do this. Would anyone happen to know of a Dasylab driver that will directly interface with the power supply or a similar USB instrument?

I am using windows 7, Dasylab 13, and the NI measurement and automation software

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,971 Views)

To my knoledge, DASYLab does not have drivers for that.

The old way, we would use the RS232 or GPIB port and commands to talk to an Agilent unit.

Does the USB system come with a drivers that would make it a COM port?

There are two more options. 

The first one is to use the ICom port over TCP/IP if Agilent supports that.

The second one is to use Phyton module.  This will allow you to write your onw Python code that you could use to talk to the device.

Opefully, somebody else can provide you more information

Tom Rizzo
InSyS Corp.
www.insyscorp.com
Your DASYLab integrator
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,961 Views)

Try the IVI modules. While this device isn't listed, if it has an IVI driver on the NI site, DASYLab can probably work with it. 

You've already done the hard work in setting up the VISA drivers.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 3 of 3
(5,940 Views)