DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5508BG Driver

Hi I have a card that reads "Direct Connect"  the model is 5508BG.

I need this driver for Windows 95.

Does anyone know a possible link to obtain this driver?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,761 Views)

That's an ADAC board, company is long gone.

What version of DASYLab? It may have the driver in an older version of the software, but I don't know if the board needed low level drivers from the manufacturer.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,760 Views)

Honestly I'm not sure...we received a computer today to be repaired...I had to reinstall Windows 95.  The computer had two of these cards installed in the ISA slots.

I already downloaded an old version of DasyLab...Lets see what happens....I will keep in touch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,758 Views)

I found this... refers to some software that I haven't found (yet)

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,756 Views)

Software is here

ftp://ftp.mccdaq.com/downloads/iotech_software/IOtech_Legacy_Products/ADAC_PCI/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,754 Views)

This board actually did not have "Drivers" in the sense we know them now.  It was built in the days of Windows 3.1x and was directly accessed via software, back when Windows did not control hardware access.  If this computer came in for repair, then, if they are still using the 5508BG, they should already have custom software written to access the board.  There was a software package that came with it that contained libraries for accessing the board, and you might be able to build a program from them to read the data.  If they are trying to use it and don't have the software, then they are out of luck. This board retailed for $495 back in the day (this is really bringing back memories), but the same functions can be done for much less nowadays.  I would highly suggest rebuilding the system with a newer solution.  One of the unique features of the board was that it powered the analog channels with the reference voltage needed.  Most other solutions for Analog-to-digital conversions read the voltage, but the device had to have a separate power source for the reference voltage.  This was one of the primary reason why we decided to use this board in our R&D work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,401 Views)