Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero/null/no delay pulse generation on PCI 6602?

1. Error message for triggered task:

For whatever reason, counter input tasks can't use a regular DAQmx Start Trigger.  Instead, you need to set up an "Arm Start Trigger", which is accessible only through the use of a DAQmx Trigger property node.  I'm guessing that's the error you're running into.  If not that, please post code.

2. Sync between tasks:

In what I described, there is hardware sync for t=0 based on the Arm Start Trigger.  From there, you would post-process the buffers of time intervals to extract portions that represent the same time period.  So there's also the need for "software sync" when post-processing the data.

3. Pad Sync and Duplicate Count Prevention:

Haven't heard about the "pad sync" feature in years and not sure I ever used it.  Based on my vague recollection, I doubt you need to concern yourself with it for this app.  As to Duplicate Count Prevention, I suspect you won't need to worry there either.  It's meant for cases where you might get consecutive edges-to-measure with no timebase edges in between.  With your 80 MHz timebase, this shouldn't arise.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(926 Views)

1. OK, I'll test and post results.

2. Exactly! =]

3. OK, thinking again, this is really not a concern is this application (the timing windows must be the closest possible, but never will be in synch).

Thanks again! =D

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(924 Views)

Kevin_Price escreveu:

1. Error message for triggered task:

For whatever reason, counter input tasks can't use a regular DAQmx Start Trigger.  Instead, you need to set up an "Arm Start Trigger", which is accessible only through the use of a DAQmx Trigger property node.  I'm guessing that's the error you're running into.  If not that, please post code.

Yeah, it worked! =]

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(906 Views)