Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple waveforms with different start triggers

I have four waveforms, AO0, AO1, AO2, AO3 - I want to have each waveform start with a different start trigger, PFI3, PFI4, PFI5, PFI6 respectively.  When I attempt it, it says the clock resource is already in use.  How do I share the clock for the different waveforms?

Can this be done on the NI-6722?

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,224 Views)

the clock can be the same across all waveforms.   I do not see how to share the clock across the waveforms.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,223 Views)

so the problem seems to be that I need a different task for each AO to handle the start trigger and each task needs to have a clock defined.  So, I need to share/reference the clock.  How can this be done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,214 Views)

is it possible to apply a different start trigger to each waveform in a specific task?  Under some pressure here.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,201 Views)

I have a 6722 card - which is supposed to have two timers.  I need at least access to the second timer and I do not see how to do that.  Anybody have any idea how to do that with the .net C#?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,185 Views)

i am assuming each timer can be used as a sample clock with the 6722

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,183 Views)

Unfortunately the card doesn't work that way.  You can't trigger the AO lines individually--if you are using hardware timing/triggering the AO lines need to be in the same task and would shave the same sample clock and start trigger.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,168 Views)