cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we change output pin for counter in X series daq

Solved!
Go to solution

hello every one...

If this question is repeated then forgive me and direct me to that.

I am using X series DAQ USB-6343. In specific instant i want counter output at specific pin and then agian for other requirement i want it to other pin. plz so me some path. i try to find thing but i was not luck...

thanks & regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,818 Views)

hello again.....

i refered this link from ni forum and try something and i am having same trouble which is mentioned there. Below URl of link.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Counter-Timer/NI-9472-Change-Event-Output-Terminal/m-p/1134392/highlight/tru...

i also attaching my primary vi basically that is come from link which is mentioned above.plz anybody share some of ur experties here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,812 Views)

d_2014,

If you want to prevent the counter from being output, I think you have two choices.

1) Commit the counter task, and use an empty string for the OutputTerm.

2) Use the DAQmx Tristate Output Terminal.vi once the counter task is done.

It appears as though you have attempted option 1, however you'd need to use the DAQmx Control Task VI to commit this setting (I think). 

Hope that helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,740 Views)

hie Mcdan...

i tried this but i think i am not using this in proper way. i tried empty string concept but it didnt give me result. if possible can u give me example vi which can be used in my above Vi.

thanks & Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,724 Views)

Attached is my example (it provides both methods discussed).  I used a text panel with the same device to count edges on PFI0.  Methodology:

1) Run Example and export to PFI0.

2) Stop Example

3) Change output terminal to PFI1

4) Run Example

Notes:

For Method 1, I would continue to see counts until I stopped and started the test panel.  Without digging it to deeply it appears as though the route is not released until the edge count timer is stopped.  Stopping and starting this counter stopped the counter from seeing edges on PFI0.

For Method 2, I stopped seeing edges immediately after stopping the CO Pulse Freq task.

Hope that helps,
Dan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,712 Views)

hey Dan,

thanks for helping but can u upload it in LV1o..?? or just tell me if any method to do it.

thanks & Regar,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author d_2014

Here it is for LV 10.

Message 7 of 8
(5,687 Views)

Dear Mac,    

I  ran your Vi Your Tri State method is working good but First method i.e Null string given to Property is not working on my system. I am observing output through CRO.

If you can do something post here for my knowledge otherwise i am happy with given solution.

-----------------------------------------------

For Method 1, I would continue to see counts until I stopped and started the test panel.  Without digging it to deeply it appears as though the route is not released until the edge count timer is stopped.  Stopping and starting this counter stopped the counter from seeing edges on PFI0.

------------------------------------------------

can you explain it little more...

And i also have some dought, cann't we use DAQmx Disconnect Terminals (VI) and DAQmx Connect Terminals (VI) for these type of operations?

thanks and regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,676 Views)