From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count revolution per minute with NI 9237 and strain gauges

Hello community,

i am a labview beginner and i need some help.

I work on a alternating bending machine which is bending a specimen. An AC motor produces the alternating bending. The AC motor in question has a revolution of 1380 per minute. My aim is to count the load cycle. For this i will use a NI 9237 Modul. I installed four strain gauges on the machine, wired them with a wheatstone full-bridge and connect this with the NI 9237. I want to count load cycle out of the determined continuous signal with the zero crossing function. I tried to do this but i always get a different and wrong value. I also tried to adjust the sample values as advised in other posts.

Thank you all in advace for your help.

Engin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,019 Views)

Hello Bonushead,

i tried your programm with a simulated modul and it seems that the zero line crossing is detected correct.

Can you please post an example what is measured and what you expect?

Thanks a lot.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,997 Views)

Hi Duffy2007,

thanks for your fast answer.

I want to measure the bending moment in the specimen and count the load cycles until the fraction of it.

When i turn on the machine, begin recording data for a time of 60s, sometimes it gives me a value far below of

what i expect.

Maybe i have to try adjusting again my samplerate.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,989 Views)

Hello bonushead,

i change the acquisition so it delivers every 100ms new values, also the stop from the measurement and the elapsed time is changed. I think the different valus can came from the strain so in my DAQ a offset nulling is done before the measurement starts is implemented.

Hope it helps.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,979 Views)

Hello Duffy 2007,

first of all thanks for your idea and time.

I tried the vi. It helped me to think further.

When i start it, it was counting right. But after severel load cycles the counting slows down. Because of that, I

put a sequens in the loop that performs the analysing of the strain signal to shorten the looptime.

Now I got a problem with detecting the minimum and maximums of every cycle. Like you can see in attached text editor data,

I get 2 to 3 minimums and maximums for each load cycle. Is there a possibility to measure only the highest and lowest amplitude of one cycle?

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,733 Views)

Hello Bonushead

if you only want min and max read out the array from the waveform you want to analyse and use the min max function

Unbenannt.PNG

Hope it helsp a little bit.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,720 Views)

Hello Duffy2007,

I tried it out before with array max&min but in this case their where outputed more values per loadcycle then I did it with the amplitude function.

Nevertheless, many thanks for your suggestions. They helped me to solve the problem.

best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,590 Views)