cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correlated time stamping

Solved!
Go to solution

Alexander,

Thanks so much for your corrections to the program. I think you've also done a real service to the anybody else who can't afford a commercial correlator wants to do TCSPS using a DAQ card. 

Much appreciated, 

R

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,824 Views)

Thanks all for your help with the correlated time stamping. Special thanks to Alexander.

The original program performs a two edge separation measurement between the trigger from the laser shutdown and the photon detection of the APD. In that way I can build a histogram of the times at which a photon from the emitter is detected (after shutdown) and measure it's lifetime.

The same program can also work as a coincidence counter. The emitted photons pass through ���a beam splitter and are detected by two APDs. I can perform an edge seperation measurement from the signal from the first (start) APD and the second (stop)�������� APD and build a histogram. In the case of a coincidence between the two APDs, the edge seperation measurement should return an interval of zero.

However, I would like to be able to gate the detection of the two APDs since I only want to observe photons from the emitter and not any scattering from the laser. Basically, I would like the counters to be active only when they recieve a trigger from the laser shutdown.

I have tried to implement this by adding a simple Pause trigger to the program. But I am not sure whether this simple solution will actually work. Can somebody please take a quick look at the attached program. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,421 Views)