From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Traditional NI-DAQ and DAQmx on the same pc (but not at the same time). It does not seem to work.

Solved!
Go to solution

We are upgrading a system and would like to start using DAQmx in some of our applications - but not in all.

New system:

NI PCI-6601

Windows 10 IOT 32bit

DAQ traditional 7.5

DAQmx 15.5

The issue is that after I have used the device in DAQmx it can no longer be accessed from DAQ Traditional.

It is supposed to be possible but it does not seem to work:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/890B0DA164567EAD86257AAE0057E1E2?OpenDocument

Does anyone have experience with this?

As described in the link a reset is needed after a device has been used. We are using the C library for DAQ Traditional and the C# (Measurement Studio) for DAQmx. It is easy to reset a device in DAQmx:

var dev = DaqSystem.Local.LoadDevice(device);
if (dev != null)
{
dev.Reset();
dev.Dispose();
}

But there is no function i C to reset the device. How is this done?

Hope someone can help me on this, I would prefer not to port all our DAQ code to DAQmx.

BR

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon_Stenfeldt

With the help of NI support i found a function: unloadConfiguration.

It takes a single argument, an unsigned 32bit integer and the value should be 42 (decimal).

It seems to work for resetting the device in NIDAQ traditional, but it does not help running DAQmx and Traditional on the same pc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,863 Views)

The function is in nidaq32.dll naturally 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,858 Views)