Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6501 Counter Problem?

I have a USB-6501 (connected to a a Ritter gas flow meter) and would like to use the counter function, in MAX the self test runs ok, the digital I/O test panel port0/line0 flashes as one would expect in the test panel. Counter I/O is unresponsive in the test panel, am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,593 Views)

Hey,

Do you mind attaching a ss of MAX test panel?

Regards,

-Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,566 Views)

Hello Natalia, thanks for responding, I have attached a couple of screen shots - if you need anything more specific please let me know. The test panel remins like this despite pressing start (the three dropdowns grey-out). Any help much appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,561 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for quick reply, I am trying to simulate the exact device in MAX currently, could you say what path you took to access the counter? 

Are you trying to acquire or generate the signal? 

Regards,

-Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,552 Views)

I am trying to aquire the signal. Not sure I understand the path to access the counter?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,544 Views)

Hey,

This got me a bit puzzled so I took the exact same module, the USB 6501.

Do you have anything connected to the pin P2.7/PFI0 that can generate a pulse? (which is where the counter ctr0 is connected to)?

Regards,

-Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,536 Views)

I have the white wire in P0.0 (Pin 1) should I move that to P2.7 (Pin 25 - CTR channel)? Makes sense now you mention it....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,531 Views)

Hey, what is the input on this wire?

You require a physical connection to P2.7 which is pin 9 if you want to be able to count pulses.

Mind that it doesnt accept more than 5 volts.

Refere to this manual 

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375267a.pdf

Regards,

-Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,526 Views)

Many thanks for your help, re-located the wire to P2.7 and the counter worked a treat!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,507 Views)

Glas to hear! :  )

-Regards,

Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,504 Views)