Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization USRP-2920

Hello. I need help about work with USRP-2920. First guestions: transmitter and receiver must starting at the same time. Second guestions: Next generation of transmitter must be only after when the receiver is reseived and processed in the previous package. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,804 Views)

Hi Zav_Lab

I would like to get a better understanding of your concerns, but let me try to describe what I got from them.

- Should the transmitter and receiver start at the same time? I guess you are referring to the code that performs these tasks. If you wanna make sure to capture every single package, I would probably recommend you to get the receiver running first, however, this might change a bit depending on your application. In general, having the receiver start after the receiver might cause some data to be lost.

- Should the transmiter wait for the receiver to finish procesing the data before sending new messages? I guess it depends on what you mean by "processing" here. As long as you receive and generate at the right rate, I would not expect you to have to wait to transmit new data. If the transmition rate is too high for, lets say, the other buses (or interfaces) involved, it would be good to take this into consideration before defining your transmition rate. If your code does not store received data before software processing, it might be good to either wait a safe amount of time between packages, or store your data before processing it. This would only apply if extensive processing is applied to your data.

I am not sure on if this actually helps with your questions. If it does not, please provide us with some further details on what you are trying to accomplish and the errors or issues that you are getting out of this.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,748 Views)

helo,

I have created an OFDM transmitter and receiver. When I connected these blocks directly ,they are working satisfactorily. Next I tried to transmit the OFDM symbol through an USRP and retrieve it .At that time the received bits are not correct.What should I do to correct this problem. I am taking a 8 bits and converting it to ofdm symbol and transmitting. please help me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,340 Views)