Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeding up quadrature encoder read out

Hi,

I`m using a quadrature encoder together with a 6259 DAQ Card and BNC2110 Terminal Block.

I managed to have it working with the DAQ-Assistent at 80Mhz using the Counters and reading one value at a time. Before the DAQ-Assistent I used a DAQmx command to connect PFI10 and PFI9 as the BNC2110 Terminal only outputs PFI0-9. This works but it is really slow, the distance between each measurement point is around 6 us. The VI is in the attachement (AquadB_one_value.vi)

So I thought I might use the n-values version with the DAQ-Assistent but this does not work and I dont see any reason why, it is complaining about that connection between PFI10 and PFI9 which it didnt do before in the one-value-version. The VI is also in the attachement (AquadB_n_values.vi)

I also tried another method using a VI I was given some time ago and modified it but here the distance between each measurement point is also around 6us. This VI is also in the attachement (Counter - Read Encoder.vi)

Or am I missunderstanding something? The minimum achievable time distance between measurement points should be 1/80.000.000 s where of course the value can only differ 1/0/-1 because it has only calculated one new change in the A and B Signals right? I thought with using the n-values it is storing all the calculated values in the memory and I am transferring them afterwards for doing all the "post-processing"?

If I am wrong, how can I spped up the read-out of the calculated values any other way?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,011 Views)

Hi Dani_munich,

I just realized that you asked the same question in our Service request. In the service request, I was missing out more information which I found them here by chance :). I will further assist you in the SRQ you have created. I also sent you an email.

Regard

Anoj

Anoj Mubarak
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,885 Views)