From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single pulse output and LED indicator

With the Single Pulse Output.vi example (accessed from DAQassistant), used with a SIMULATED NI DAQ 6323 and set to the following parameters on the front panel:

Dev2/ctr0

NO trigger (presumably meaning that it starts when the RUN button is hit)

Pulse duration 1 sec

Output terminal Dev2/PFI0

...here's the question: how can I verify that the program actually produces a pulse at the (simulated) PFI0 ?  I tried connecting the LED indicator to any place I could find on the block diagram, but it always reports an error that an "event" cannot be connected to a Boolean indicator.

So where on the block diagram can the actual output channels or pins be shown graphically, so that an LED can be connected there? 

A related question is:  how can I use the output at PFI0  to connect to an input of another counter?  The output and input pins are not on the diagram, so how can they be wired together?  If I try the DAQmx Connect Terminals icon, that also specifies connecting the terminals with virtual wires.  But where are the terminals on the diagram?  Or, how can they be made to appear?

I am a total novice with LabView so please do not assume I already know anything.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,053 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no way to do that. With a simulated device, you can verify that the program runs without errors, but you can't monitor the actual input or output and the is no way to just connect a led indicator to one of the DAQmx VIs.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,028 Views)