Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing a Counter output in a change detection with 6612

Hi, I need to know if it is possible, with ni-daqmx, c++ and 6612, to send a counter (used as a frequency divisor) output to a change detection task without using an other DI terminal. If yes how ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,431 Views)

To the best of my knowledge, the direct answer is no.  Change detection is only supported for physically wired digital input signals.

A couple questions to help clarify your scenario:

1. Why can't you physically wire the counter output to a digital input that supports change detection?  (I'm kinda guesssing all inputs are used or you have some custom cabling that makes access problematic).

2. Why do you want to perform change detection on a counter output in the first place?  I know another way to be sensitive to both rising and falling edges of the counter output if that's the main reason.  There's a DAQmx property that'll change counter output behavior from toggling state twice per cycle to emitting a brief pulse twice per cycle. Look here for further info.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(3,423 Views)