Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Sample Clock Through External PFI

Hello all,

I am trying to configure my PXI-6733 AO board to route an AO task sample clock to the PFI channel. I am doing this in Visual c#.

I want to be able to use this signal external to the PXI chassis. I have this so far (AOTask is an instance of the c# class representing an analog output task):

AOTask.ExportSignals.ExportHardwareSignal(ExportSignal.SampleClock, "PXI1Slot4/PFI5");

I have tried putting this before and after the AOTask.Timing.ConfigureSampleClock(....)

I verify the task and everything appears as it should, and I get no errors when trying to debug. So everything would have appeared to work, except nothing appears externally on PFI5, which is the PFI channel with a direct route to the AOSampleClock.

Do I have to specifiy somewhere else that PFI5 should be configured as an output - it just sits there at 5V for the duration of the output task.

This is driving me crazy, thanks in advance for any help.

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,075 Views)

Hi Kyle,

Could you give some information on how you reading the PFI5? The Sample clocks tend to run very fast and if you can not read it with a fast enough Sample rate it could appear as a constant value.

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,041 Views)

Hi Tom,

Yep, that was exactly it. I was wrongly expecting to see a 50% duty cycle on the sample clock. The sampling rate of the oscilloscope I was using was just too slow and missing the 'ticks'.

Everything was working after all.

Thank-you for your message.

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,036 Views)