cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading in MAX but not LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a very difficult problem reading four counters from a NI 9401. In MAX they read just fine but in LabVIEW they read zero. I browsed the internet and the discussion boards and cannot find anything on this. Please forgive me if this is a simple thing to fix. Im attaching two png that shows where I'm reading the counters and a picture of my task. I know that the whole VI would work better but Im not posting my whole project.  I fixed it where some forum posts I found said having it this way is better. Any help would be great. If you need a certain thing just let me know.

Regards,

caleb1993

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,993 Views)

What is happening in that subVI you have after the counter readings?  You might have an issue in there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,992 Views)

It is just a simple error handler. I don't think thats the problem. I attached that sub-VI. It just clears the error when its not being used.

caleb1993

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author caleb1993

I am now creating those task in LV. I am still not getting them to read. I am hoping someone has handeled this problem in the past and solved it. If yiu have a better idea then testing each wire port please let me know

Thank you,

caleb1993

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,942 Views)