Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ SYSTEM CLOCK TO TIME STAMP DATA

Anyone know how to add a time signal to be sampled with analog inputs in a VI so that the final measurement data file has a column of time data matched up with the sensor data?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,032 Views)

Hi Cpesko,

Are you using the system clock to read a time signal as in are you planning to use the scan clock? If you are acquiring the data as a waveform you are automatically collecting a timestamp as the waveform consists of 3 components--y, t0 and dt. Please have a look at this post for formatting the timestamp and this one for timestamp in your data. Hope this helps!

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,022 Views)
I would like to use the system clock to stamp each row with the time of day.  This will make it easier which experiment the data is from when I go back to look at it.  I followed the link you provided on the previous message.  The first link was for formatting a file path and the second one if I understand it correctly just says that the DAQ assistant will give a unique time stamp (that it calls x values) to each sample of data.  Is there a simple way to input the time of day (hh:mm:ss) to my sampled data?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,014 Views)

You don't understand. If you choose to get a waveform data type, you automatically get a timestamp included in the data. Nothing extra has to be done. How you put that in a file is a different question. The Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File will do it. Write to Measurement File will have a header with the start time and each row will a dt value (i.e. .001, .002, .etc), or you can create an arry of timestamps from the waveform data type, format it, append it to your data array, and use the Write to Spreadsheet File.

In the future, you might want to post similar questions to the LabVIEW board. Saving to a file is a LabVIEW question and qustions about analog inputs do not belong in the counter forum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,001 Views)