Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Measurement with PXI-6624

My PXI-6624 works with PXIe-8135. I want to measure a PWM both frequency and duty cycle. I set up the select measurement type is "Pulse Measurement" in System Explorer. Once I deploy it, I got an error code " -200431":

"Selected physical channel does not support the measurement type required by the virtual channel you are creating."

"Create a channel of a measurement type that is supported by the physical channel, or select a physical channel that supports the measurement type."

Can this card work in "Pulse Measurement" type? How can I test both frequency and duty cycle of a PWM? Is there some add-on custom device that I can download and use?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,735 Views)

Hi Caonan,

It looks like a similar questions was answered on another forum post here (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Counter-Timer/PXI-6624-Pulse-Frequency-measurement/m-p/2277488#M11024). Have you looked at that post?

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,694 Views)

Yes, I read it. But I cannot understand what I should do. I know the concept of measurement of pulse width. I also know what I should do, if there is a PCI-6624 works in Windows OS. But I don't know about remote system.  Is there some custom device I can use?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,675 Views)

Hi Caonan, 

Are you working with a PXI chassis? Are you trying to measure the duty cycle and frequency on what channel (digital input, digital output, couter input, counter output)? Could you provide a code snippet?

Regards,

Jake H
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,656 Views)