Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 6351 and quadrature encoder + voltage sensor.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi! All experts,

I'm considering PCIe 6351 to use as a counter and taking data set.

The question is how to use equipped quadrature encoder input channels in PCIe 6351 and correspond to voltage sensor data.

Ex)

At every count of quadrature encoder pulse, take each voltage value with counted value (Crank angle) 

Rising edge of A pulse     1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8       9       10       11       12       13  

Vol. value from sensor    0.1   0.6    0.8    1.2    1.5    1.9     2.1    2.4    2.8    3.0      4.0      4.2      3.5

I'd like to know how to get the data by using PCIe 6351 quad. function..

2.  Also,

Do you know how to directly transfer the voltage values of sensor from PCIe 6351 to FPGA VI ?

Ex)

Vol. value from sensor ====>   PCIe 6351 ======>  FPGA VI ( analog channel in FPGA)  

Could you give some advices?

All advices are welcome!

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Hyo 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author catalysthw

Hi Hyo,

To the best of my knowledge, the PCIe-6351 does not have any FPGAs; FPGAs are typically available on RIO platform and R-series cards. As such, I am slightly confused by what you mean when you say you want to transfer voltage values to the FPGA VI. 

If you are using our DAQmx LabVIEW API, you can use Retriggerable Analog Input to gather a finite amount of samples from your DAQ card every time a trigger (e.g. an encoder pulse) is received. This KB article has a bit more information:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/14843A49037D7E368625769C006F7A65?OpenDocument

I hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 2
(3,928 Views)