From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise filtering - NI 9361

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I'm using a NI 9361 module to measure the rotation speed of a shaft that is rotating thanks to an electric motor.

I'm facing big noises due to this electric motor; when I launch it, my counter directly measures frequencies up to 1 MHz, even when my shaft is not rotating. I can the see the same phenomena when I'm looking at the edge counting results...

I tried to use the pulse width filter inside my Labview application to filter the signal but I could not find nothing sufficient.

Has anyone ever face this kind of issue, and if so, is there a solution to face it ?

Thank's very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,193 Views)

Hi gaet.m,

Could yo give us more information about your issue ? What is the amplitude of the noise? How far away from the motor is your NI 9361 and how big is the motor? Do you use it with a CompactRIO or a cDAQ ? Do you have any screenshot of your issue ?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,175 Views)
Solution
Accepted by gaet.m

Are you using a shielded connection to the sensor?  You might also try raising the signal threshold level on the 9361 if you are doing RSE.

Message 3 of 4
(4,991 Views)

hello,please tell me how to solve the problem,thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,502 Views)