Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni7842 FPGA RIO board loop rate

Hi,

Is it possible to achieve a loop rate of 1us with the Ni7842 RIO board. It has an onboard clock of 40MHz. I have tried the following approaches to achieve a 1us loop rate and generate a single pulse of 1us duration, but wasn't successful.

LoopRate.png

1st approach: The above flat sequence was originally with 2 frames, I removed the second processing frame to reduce any possible processing delays and changed counter units to usec with a count of 1. This did not work, minimum pulse width I could generate was 1ms.

2nd approach: I changed counter units to ticks with a count of 40. This also was able to generate a min pulse width of 1ms only.

The AO channel is capable of 1MS/s update rate and with an onboard clock of 40Mhz you would think you can achieve 1us. Why is it being so difficult for me? Please help.

Thanks,

PG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,856 Views)

Show some actual code.  If possible, supply a stripped down project that shows this issue.  I recommend zipping up this project and any needed VIs and posting the zip file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,842 Views)