Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI6321 triggering laser

Hey guys,

I have an Agilent signal generator triggering my PCIe 6321 card and an ultrasonic pulser. Furthermore I want also to trigger two other devices (two different lasers).

However, since the signal generator has only 2 outputs, I was wondering if I can control the two lasers via the NI card.

The card has four 32-bit counter/timer outputs and I was hoping I could use these outputs to generate two pulse trains in order to trigger my two lasers.

I am quite new to data acquisition, so I am not quite sure if this is possible after all. Also the NI card has to acquire information from a transducer and I am not sure if the card can acquire stuff and generating 2 pulse trains at the same time.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,522 Views)

The card has four 32-bit counter/timer outputs and I was hoping I could use these outputs to generate two pulse trains in order to trigger my two lasers.

Yes u can.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,481 Views)

Thanks, that is good to hear.

One more question: Where can I find some specification in term of the pulse generation of my card?

Like what pulse frequencies I can create and the fall/rise times of the pulses.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,479 Views)

http://sine.ni.com/ds/app/doc/p/id/ds-152/lang/de

Keyword: trigger

relatively at the beginning.

cheers, Timo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,477 Views)

There are many specs in this link but I have a hard time to find what I need.

Can I generate pulse trains up to 10 kHz, with rise/fall times not exceeding 20 ns with my NI 6321?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,454 Views)