From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI error -201133; Input and output on the NI9401

Thank you aeu.

Actually I already tries to do that. This works for one channel (but I only can acquire one data.. whgich is quite low...) I probably could use the clock of the PC to acquire more data.

But the problem is that, when I want to record to counter, I can't. indeed, here is what I do:

s = daq.createSession('ni');
 s.addCounterInputChannel('cDAQ1Mod5', 0, 'EdgeCount');
 s1 = daq.createSession('ni');
 s1.addCounterInputChannel('cDAQ1Mod5', 1, 'EdgeCount');

and I have again my error -201133 message !!!

NI Error -201133:
Device cannot be configured for input or output because lines and/or terminals on this device are in use by another
task or route. This operation requires temporarily reserving all lines and terminals for communication, which
interferes with the other task or route.

If possible, use DAQmx Control Task to reserve all tasks that use this device before committing any tasks that use
this device. Otherwise, uncommit or unreserve the other task or disconnect the other route before attempting to
configure the device for input or output.
Device: cDAQ1Mod5
Digital Port: 0
Lines: 0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1A>

Status Code: -201133

I still can't find the solution. I am afraid I will not be able to do so using Matlab??? Because I don't know how to reserve a task with matlab in order to use 2 counters input in the same time with the NI9401...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,365 Views)

There is a problem with matlab not reserving the hardwhere

we need matlabs class to call something like

daq.ni.NIDAQmx.DAQmxTaskControl(s.TaskHandle,daq.ni.NIDAQmx.DAQmx_Val_Task_Reserve);

befor exicuting. Though as it is this dosnt work as every thing is hidden in the session class. Perhaps we need a helper class or modify the ChannelGroup prepair function.

Untill this is resolved with mathworks, I will have to do this part in python.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(3,282 Views)

Hi,

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I got the same error while using NI 9401

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,695 Views)