Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6023E counter Trigger

Hi All,

I am using NI 6023E DAQ. I am trying to start the analog measurement and the pulse count measurement (PFI8) after the triggering from PFI5.

Counters can only be triggered with ARM triggers. But the E series doesnot support ARM triggering method.

Can you guys help me in finding the way for starting the both Anlog and Pulse count measurements after the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,641 Views)

Hi,

the ARM Trigger is not supported with the E-Series as you already mentioned and can be seen in this document:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9C657EE63C9D07A686256F6D0062AC66

So you have a analot or digital trigger from somewhere and this should start an analog and digital pulse count?

Could you please describe a little bit more what you want to do and what kind of input you got?

Kind regards

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,620 Views)

Without knowing your exact requirements, you might be able to get away with simply subtracting the first counter sample from the buffered counter data (assuming you're using the AI Sample Clock as the counter's sample clock signal).  You wouldn't be able to tell how many pulses occurred between the start trigger and the first sample though.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,610 Views)