Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to implement simultaneous 3 counters on PCI 6602

Hi,

I have a problem and need your advices.

Currently, I am using Pci 6602 board with labview and I can use 2 counters simultaneously.

However, when I add one more DAQmx task with one more counter, all the counters do not work.

Some people suggested me to use interrupt to configure the DAQmx task, I tried it but I was fail.

Anyone can give me the suggestion in this case ? Whether possible to use 3 counters simultaneously with  NI Pci 6602 ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,026 Views)

Yes, working a lot with PCI-6602, use all 8 counters simultaneously. Manual routing is powerfull, but a pain.

What kind of error does it give?

On my experience the following are the most common sources of errors:

Single pulse or continuous generation tasks require 1 counter, finite generation tasks require 2 counters. If you select one of the pair, the second one will be used: (0 and 1), (2 and 3), etc

Sometimes internal connections are not obvious, and can use counters, check NI max -> Device routes tab (tabs in the bottom), use direct connections. 

Use internal terminals as signal source for internal connections: instead of PFI36 - Ctr0InternalOutput. (I/O name filtering -> show advanced terminals)

Use daqmx reset device so that you always start from the same state. Sometimes (task not finished properly) internal connection is not set to be free, on the next run vi gives an error "resource busy".

If number of connections is a problem, it is better to set connections manually (daqmx connect terminals). Automatically it can use route that you intended for the other task and the error will appear much later, very far from the origin.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,833 Views)