Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: 50103. Frequency Measuring using 2-counter method (High Frequency)

Hi all,

I am trying to measure the frequency produced by a quartz oscillator I have in a circuit.  I have a function generator generating a 36KHz sine wave which is running through the oscillator.  I want to measure the output frequency from the oscillator.  To do this, I've taken the output from the oscillator and connected it to SOURCE 0 (for counter 0).  Then when I try and set up the software, the DAQ Assistant gives me error code 50103.  On the DAQ assistant I've set my range from 32KHz to 40KHz, I selected counter 0, PFI of SOURCE 0, and selected the two counters method and am trying to do N samples.  Why am I getting this error?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,331 Views)

Hey there. 

Here is a link to some information on Error 50103. With DAQ assistants, it usually comes up when trying to use multiple DAQ assistants to read from channels on a single device. 

Causes of NI-DAQmx Error -50103 "The Specified Resource is Reserved"

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/485201B647950BF886257537006CEB89

If none of the solutions there solves your issues, I would dig a little in the forums, since this error seems to pop up often, and another thread may have the answer you're looking for. 

Let me know how it turns out!

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,306 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've actually explored this link already and it hasn't really helped.  I'm not even trying to use multiple DAQ assistants or anything.  I'm just trying to do a basic frequency calculation using one DAQ assistant and while using the two-counter method.  I have no idea why it would say one of the specified resources is reserved.  The counters aren't connected to or being used for anything else.  Really quite puzzling.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,302 Views)

Could you let me know which DAQ hardware you are using? If you set up two individual counter tasks, do you also get the resource is reserved message?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,298 Views)

I'm using the BNC-2121 connector accessory for 660X devices.  It seems like I get the resource is reserved message no matter how I try to set up my DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,290 Views)

If you try using the DAQmx API or create a frequency task in MAX instead of using the DAQ assistant, do you still receive the error?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,263 Views)

What board are you using?

Try to reset board in MAX, then make sure you run only these measurements (from daqmx assistant configuration for example). 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,190 Views)