Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a count down timer

Attached you will find a zip file containing the beginings vi for a fully automated prototype that we are developing.

The vi needs to control a peristaltic pump and a set of mulit-positional valves with the push of a button on the computer screen.  I am using the NI-USB-6008/6009 DAQ to prodcuce the analog and digital controls to run the pump and valves.  On the front panel you will see a series of controls in the blue box.  In the time boxes I want to add up all the times the user chooses and then use that to create a count down timer.  I know how to add up all the values but I have no idea how to create a countdown clock.  I would also like it to be continously updated not updated in chunks.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt K.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(21,237 Views)
Matt,

Just to clarify, you would like to implement some sort of count-down in software that counts a length of time.  One way you could implement this type of clock would be to run a while loop, with a small delay of course, for the amount of time that you would like.  To do this you can use either the Elapsed Time Express VI, or the Tick Count.vi.  If you use the Tick Count, place one outside the VI and one inside, then subtract the two to find the time between them.  Compare this to the time you would like to countdown to, and then use this as your exit condition for your while loop.  One cool way to show this might be to use a dial to show the time counting down.  I have attached a small example of what I just explained (saved in 7.1).  Hope this helps!

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
Message 2 of 9
(21,225 Views)
Hi Andy F

I would like to know if You could save CountDown.vi for Labview 7.0?

Regards

Elkin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(20,933 Views)
Elkin,

Here you go, saved for LabVIEW 7.0!

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(20,915 Views)
Thank  U.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(20,905 Views)

I have attached the countdown timer with alarm. Hope this will be helpful. You need to specify the path for the alarm tone in " openfile.vi"  and make it default

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(17,573 Views)

I WANT MAKE A DIGITAL COUNTER WITH 74LS190N IC AND CAN DISPLAYED ON SEVEN SEGMEN DISPLAY. IN THE FIRST TIME I CAN MAKE A DIGITAL COUNTER IN 1 DIGIT COUNTER, BUT I CAN NOT MAKE A 2 DIGIT COUNTER. PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO MAKE A DIGITAL COUNTER CIRCUITE WHERE CAN PRODUCE IN 2 DIGIT WITH A 74LS190N IC AND SEVEN SEGMEN DISPLAY

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(17,411 Views)

Wrong forum to post to, but tie the ripple carry output of the 1st digit's counter to the clock input of the second counter.

Did you read the data sheet for the '190?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(17,402 Views)

Firstly, thanks for ur share.

My qouestion is, can we do this program without using while loop structures? like using  with for loop or case structures.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(13,175 Views)