From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter terminals do not work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a DAQ card of 6024E and a terminal board of SCB-68. I've kept working on the counter terminals but cannot get success.  I was trying to connect a series of square wave (100Hz, 0 ~ 5V) to the GPCtr0_Source port and +5V to the GPCtr0_Gate port. Regarding to the program, I have tried DAQ assistant and several given Labview examples, but just cannot get the counter work. (The number of count remains zero.) I also failed to generate a pulse output from GPCtr0_OUT. 

Just want to confirm with you if the wiring of GPCtr0_Source and GPCtr0_Gate is correct or not.  Any of your suggestions or response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much,

Peng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brightpeng

Hi, Peng.

Your setup is correct.  However, it is not necessary to connect a +5V signal to the Ctr0-gate terminal.  The specific counter connections for your E series device are located in the NI-DAQmx Help:

screenshot.jpg

Are you able to detect the PCI-6024E in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) or Windows Device Manager? 

If it is detected, what Application Development Environment (ADE) are you using to Count Digital Events or Generate a Pulse Train?  Have you tried using test panels in MAX?

Message Edited by EEsRULEtheWORLD on 09-28-2009 01:52 PM
Regards,

Sara Lewandroski
Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,719 Views)

Hi Sara,

Thank you very much to you kind help. The "Test panels" is a very useful tool.

The problem was some loose connection...

Peng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,698 Views)