cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding delay to finite pulse generation generates error -200305

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Sorry I am relatively new to pulse generation. Please help me understand why I am getting an error -200305 in my example VI Test Pulse Generation.vi when specifying an initial delay. Other than creating a task first and giving it a name, the code looks the same to me as the code in the LabVIEW example Gen Dig Pulse Train-Finite-Dig Start.vi that shipped with LabVIEW. When I am entering the same parameters into Gen Dig Pulse Train-Finite-Dig Start.vi, I do not get this error. What might be going on?

I am using a DAQ board NI-PCI-6031E on a 64-bit Win7Pro and am running LabVIEW 2011(64-bit).

Thank you for your help and forgive me for a maybe trivial question.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbuerki

Hi pbuerki,

I tried the 2 VIs you attached and found that if you replicate the mathematical operations you used in "Test Pulse Generation" for the inputs of the example VI, the example VI will give you the same error. So I think your VI and the example is behaving the exact same way. 

However, I did find a fix for that error. I tried this on a simulated device, but I think it should work for your physical device as well. For your DAQ board, it sometimes give you that error at very low frequencies because the driver defaults to the 20MHz timebase and for certain combinations of frequency and number of pulses, the timebase produces more ticks than the counter can handle. To get around this, you will have to use a DAQmx Channel Property Node. You will have to use the CO.CtrTimebaseSrc channel property to set the timebase to be DevX/100kHzTimebase. You will need to turn on the "Include Advanced Terminals" setting in the I/O name filtering to find it. This change should fix your error. 

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(4,215 Views)

Hello James_Battleaxe,

Thank you for your reply. I am happy to report that the suggested solution fixed the error and the test VI is working fine now.

(Before submitting my support request, I was trying to find a place where I can select the 100kHz Timebase. But since I was unaware of the Include Advanced Terminals option in the I/O name filtering, I was unable to find it.) Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,212 Views)

Glad I could help!

James F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,186 Views)