Counter/Timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5V power supply at SCB 68 from PCI 6602?

Hi,

Is this proble resolved? I had the same problem. I can not get 5V at SCB 68 from 6602.

Besides, The last two DIO (P0.30 and P0.31) are not working.

Yi

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,369 Views)

Hello Yi,

If you are experiencing issues with both the 5V output and the DIO lines on your 6602 device, the device itself may be in need of repair. There is a page called "Sending in a National Instruments device for Repair or Calibration" that details how to go through this process. 

If you are interested in going through additional troubleshooting in this forum, I will be happy to work with you.

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,349 Views)

Hello,

I also have a problem with a missing +5V which should be at PIN 1 at the SCB-68 in combination with a PCI-6602. The switches are in the position as described in the SCB-68 Label for TIO devices. As I understood in the SCB-68 manual this means the accessory power is disabled, but from PIN 4. Am I right? So why do I not have +5V on PIN 1 as described on the label?

All other PFI outputs (including 30 and 31) are working properly.

Regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,287 Views)

Hello Karl,

You should have access to the +5V on PIN 1 with your PCI-6602 when used with the SCB-68. I would appreciate if you could clarify some aspects of the issue:

Does the card function properly otherwise?

Exactly what settings do you have the switches set to currently?

Are you referencing the +5V to the DGND?

If you use direct feedthrough mode as shown in Table 2 of the SCB-68 User Guide, are you still unable to read +5V?

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,267 Views)

Hello Andrew,

thanks for your reply. I couldn't measure it  yesterday, but it worked this morning (don't know what I have done wrong yesterday).

Regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,258 Views)

I had a similar problem.  It turns out that 4 of the pins on the SCB-68 connector were pushed in, so that when you plugged in the cable, they did not make contact.  I used a screwdriver to push on the pins from the inside, to make them look like the other pins from the outside.  Now my 5V is restored.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,054 Views)

It looks like in my SCB-88A pin 1 and 35 is +5v. and pin14, 8 and 9 is Ground. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,890 Views)