Continuous Integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA reference typedef causes build problem

This is just an FYI based on a recent experience.

I have a class "FPGA Class X" that has as its private data an FPGA VI Reference. Prior to encapsulating the FPGA VI reference in a class it was a front panel item and I made it a typedef so that I could change the bitfile/interface to the fpga across the entire program. Following putting the VI reference within the class I no longer need to use a typedef because I have a single point that I can go to in order to change the VI (the private data item).

In LabVIEW 2014 I had a probelm with building the project that used the class would cause a crash in the build environment. The build server would generally chech out a clean copy of the repo and build. Then the build would fail due to a LabVIEW crash during the build. I could fix the build server by opening the project on the remote computer and opening and building the project and then pushing the changes to the repo. Not something you want to do frequently.

The fix was to disconnect the control from the typedef.

Just something to be aware of.

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,206 Views)